Red Hat Openshift Development Ii - Creating Microservices With Red Hat Openshift Application Runtimes
Developing microservices using Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes
Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Creating Microservices with Red Hat OpenShift
Application Runtimes (DO292) introduces you to three runtimes: WildFly Swarm, Vert.x, and Spring Boot. This course is an intensive, hands-on programming experience in which you will develop multiple microservices using the three runtimes and deploy them on a Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform cluster.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 7.5 and OpenShift Container Platform 3.9.
About this course
What You'll Learn
Like members of many organizations, you may be interested in or are already employing microservice architectures. We have introduced solutions to ease the on-ramp for the creation and deployment of microservices through its developer programs and Red Hat® OpenShift Application Runtimes.
Who Needs to Attend
- Java application developers interested in employing microservices architectures
- Software architects interested in creating and deploying microservices
Course Content Summary
- Deploy microservices with WildFly Swarm.
- Deploy microservices with Vert.x.
- Deploy microservices with Spring Boot.
- Develop an API gateway.
- Implement fault tolerance with Hystrix.
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Have completed Red Hat Application Development I: Implementing
Microservice Architectures (JB283), or demonstrate equivalent experience with microservice architecture
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or higher is helpful, for navigation and usage of the command line
- Being a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Containerized Application Development, completing Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Applications (DO288), or experiencing developing and deploying containerized applications to an OpenShift cluster
- Deploy microservices to an OpenShift cluster
- Deploy an application based on a microservice architecture to an OpenShift cluster.
- Deploy microservices with the WildFly Swarm runtime
- Develop and deploy a microservice using the WildFly Swarm runtime.
- Develop microservices with the Vert.x runtime
- Develop and deploy a microservice using the Vert.x runtime.
- Develop microservices with the Spring Boot runtime
- Develop and deploy a microservice using the Spring Boot runtime.
- Develop an API gateway
- Develop and deploy an API gateway using the WildFly Swarm runtime.