Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration With Exam (Rh237)
This course is for senior system administrators and storage administrators who are interested in deploying scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in the cloud. You will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available CIFS and NFS using CTDB, unified file and object storage, and geo-replication. The Certificate of Expertise Exam (EX237) will be administered on the last day of class.
Red Hat Storage Server Administration is part of our new emerging technology series of courses. These courses focus on Red Hat's newer, evolving technologies. Emerging technologies courses are feature- and functionality-focused and are conducted like guided labs, with little lecture.
Note: Global Knowledge and Red Hat do not guarantee that anyone who takes one or all of the courses in the Red Hat certification program will pass a Red Hat exam. On-the-job experience, in combination with high-quality training, is the best way to build skills and prepare for a Red Hat exam. The exam itself is a hands-on learning experience, and many of those who do not pass on the first try come away with knowledge of what they need to work on to pass the exam on a re-take.
About this course
What You'll Learn
- Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server
- Create and manage different volume types
- IP failover for NFS and CIFS using CTDB
- Unified file and object storage using Swift
Who Needs to Attend
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended
- Introduction to Red Hat Storage
- Explore the Classroom Environment
- Basic Configuration
- Volume Types
- ACLs and Quotas
- Extending Volumes
- IP Failover
- Unified File and Object Storage