In this course, students will learn the foundations of container technologies and then build on that knowledge in order to learn how to deploy containers on Microsoft Azure using Azure Container Apps and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
Students will learn hands-on about Docker, with topics such as images, containers, Docker file, Docker Compose, Docker Networking and persistent storage. From there, students will learn about Kubernetes, including topics such as container orchestration, scaling, self-healing, updates and more.
The course will complete with an in-depth look at container services in Microsoft Azure. Including Container Registry, Container Instances, Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) and operational aspects like monitoring and updates.
About this course
Module 1: Understanding Containers
This course module is designed to equip you with the foundational knowledge and practical skills needed to excel in the world of containerization using Docker. Whether you're a developer, sysadmin, or DevOps enthusiast, you'll find this module indispensable in your journey to harness the power of Docker containers. Join us and embark on your Docker containerization journey today!
Module 2: Kubernetes Foundations
In this module, you'll embark on a comprehensive journey into the world of Kubernetes, the industry-standard container orchestration platform. Whether you're a developer, a system administrator, or an IT professional, this module is designed to equip you with the essential knowledge and hands-on skills needed to effectively manage and scale containerized applications using Kubernetes.
Introduction to Kubernetes
- Understand the importance of container orchestration.
- Explore the history and key concepts of Kubernetes.
- Learn about the Kubernetes architecture and components.
- Discover real-world use cases for Kubernetes.
- Set up your Kubernetes development environment.
- Choose the right Kubernetes distribution.
- Install and configure Kubernetes on local or cloud-based clusters.
- Verify the installation and cluster health.
Working with Pods
- Grasp the concept of Pods as the smallest deployable unit in Kubernetes.
- Create and manage Pods using YAML configurations.
- Explore different container runtimes and their implications on Pods.
- Troubleshoot common Pod-related issues.
Working with ReplicaSets
- Understand the role of ReplicaSets in maintaining desired Pod replicas.
- Create and manage ReplicaSets to ensure high availability.
- Observe how Kubernetes handles scaling and rolling updates.
- Learn best practices for managing and monitoring ReplicaSets.
- Dive into Kubernetes Services and their role in network abstraction.
- Create various types of Services (ClusterIP, NodePort, LoadBalancer, and more).
- Discover service discovery and load balancing in Kubernetes.
- Implement network policies for secure communication.
- Explore Kubernetes Deployments as a declarative way to manage application updates.
- Roll out, update, and roll back application versions using Deployments.
- Understand strategies for zero-downtime deployments.
- Monitor and troubleshoot deployment strategies.
- Learn industry best practices for resource management.
- Implement security best practices, including RBAC and security contexts.
- Optimize performance and scaling based on real-world scenarios.
Module 3: Running Containers in Azure
This course module is tailored for cloud professionals, developers, and IT experts who want to harness Azure's container capabilities to build, deploy, and manage containerized applications with ease and efficiency. By the end of this module, you'll be well-prepared to leverage Azure's container services to meet your business's containerization needs effectively. Join us and become a master of Azure container solutions today!