Containers, Kubernetes, And Red Hat Openshift Administration I (Do285)
Get an introduction to building and managing docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster in a 5-day course.
Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO285) helps you build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.9 and Red Hat®
Enterprise Linux® 7.5. DO285 combines the content from Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180 ) and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280 ).
Through an introduction to Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Platform, this course helps you understand one of the key tenets of the DevOps movement: continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, which allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
In addition to gaining an understanding of these tools, you will build core administration skills through the installation, configuration, and management of an OpenShift cluster.
About this course
What You'll Learn
- Container, Docker, and OpenShift architecture
- Creating containerized services
- Managing containers and container images
- Creating custom container images
- Deploying multi-container applications
- Installing an OpenShift cluster
- Configuring and managing masters and nodes
- Securing OpenShift
- Controlling access to resources on OpenShift
- Monitoring and collecting metrics on OpenShift
- Deploying applications on OpenShift using source-to-image (S2I)
- Managing storage on OpenShift
Who Needs to Attend
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- System administrators who want to learn more about OpenShift
- System architects who want to learn more about OpenShift
- Architects and developers who want to install and configure OpenShift Prerequisites
- Ability to use a Linux® terminal session and issue operating system commands
- RHCSA® certification or equivalent knowledge
- Experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
Describe container technology
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by the OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services
- Provision a server using container technology.
- Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images
- Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images
- Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image.
Deploy multi-container applications
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Execute commands using the command-line interface.
Control resource access
- Control access to OpenShift resources.
Allocate persistent storage
- Implement persistent storage.
Manage application deployments
- Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications.
Install the metrics subsystem
- Install and configure the metrics gathering system.
Manage OpenShift Container Platform
- Manage and monitor OpenShift resources and software.