IL - DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution
In this course, the students will design various data platform technologies into solutions that are in line with business and technical requirements. This can include on-premises, cloud, and hybrid data scenarios which incorporate relational, No-SQL or Data Warehouse data. They will also learn how to design process architectures using a range of technologies for both streaming and batch data. Students will also explore how to design data security including data access, data policies and standards. They will also design Azure data solutions which includes the optimization, availability and disaster recovery of big data, batch processing and streaming data solutions.
Pass the DP-200 and DP-201 exams to be awarded the Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate certification.
Students learn how to design data solutions using Azure technologies.
- Duration: 2 Days
- Level: 300
Who this course is designed for
- The audience for this course is data professionals, data architects, and business intelligence professionals who want to learn about the data platform technologies that exist on Microsoft Azure.
- The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from the data platform technologies that exist on Microsoft Azure.
- Design an Azure Data solution
- Design Azure Cloud data warehouses
- Design No-SQL Databases
- Design Azure SQL Database
- Design hybrid data scenarios
- Design batch processing solutions
- Design big data real-time processing solutions
- Design integration solutions
- Design source data access security
- Design security for data policies and standards
- Design a data retention policy
- Design for Optimization
- Design and implement a disaster recovery strategy
- Design for High Availability
- Azure fundamentals
- Implementing an Azure Data Solution
Module 1: Design Azure data storage solutions
In this module, the students will learn how to design and build secure, scalable and performant solutions in Azure by examining the core principles found in every good architecture. They will learn how using key principles throughout your architecture regardless of technology choice, can help you design, build, and continuously improve your architecture for an organizations benefit.
Module 2: Design data processing solutions
In this module, the student will learn the reference design and architecture patterns for dealing with the batch processing of data. The student will be exposed to dealing with the movement of data from on-premises systems into a cloud data warehouse and how it can be automated. The student will also be exposed to an AI architecture and how the data platform can integrate with an AI solution. Learn how streaming data can be ingested by Event Hubs and Stream Analytics to deliver real-time analysis of data. They will also explore a data science architecture the streams data into Azure Databricks to perform trend analysis. They will finally learn how an Internet of Things (IoT) architecture will require data platform technologies to store data.
Module 3: Design for data security and compliance
In this module, the student will learn how to incorporate security into your architecture design and discover the tools that Azure provides to help you create a secure environment through all the layers of your architecture.
Module 4: Design for high availability and disaster recovery
In this module, student will learn scaling services to handle load. They will learn how identifying network bottlenecks and optimizing your storage performance are important to ensure your users have the best experience. They will also learn how to handle infrastructure and service failure, recover from the loss of data, and recover from a disaster by designing availability and recoverability into your architecture. Learn how to design an Azure architecture that is operationally-efficient and minimizes costs by reducing spend, they will understand how to design architectures that eliminates waste and gives them full visibility into what is being utilized in your organizations Azure environment.