In this course you will learn how to implement a SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services solution for data analysis in an organization. You will discover how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create and manage reports and implement self-service BI solutions.
What You Will Learn
Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data ModelingIn this module students will be introduced to the key concepts in business intelligence, and the Microsoft BI product suite.
Lab : Exploring an enterprise BI solutionAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
• Describe key concepts in business intelligence
• Describe the Microsoft BI platform
• Describe key concepts in reporting services
Module 2: Reporting Services DataDescribe various Report Services data sources and how these are configured.
Lab : Configuring a data connectionAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
• Describe data connections and connection strings
• Describe filters and parameters
Module 3: Implementing reportsCreate reports with report designer or report builder.
Lab : Creating a reportAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
• Create a report using the report wizard
• Show data graphically
Module 4: Configuring reportsThis module describes how to configure reports with report builder or report designer.
Lab : Create and Publish reports that include parametersAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
• Implement filters and parameters
• Implement sorting and grouping
• Publish a report
Module 5: Creating Mobile ReportsThis module describes how to create SQL Server mobile reports.
Lab : Working with mobile reportsAfter completing this module, you will be able to:
• Describe SQL Server mobile reports
• Prepare data for mobile reports
• Publish mobile reports