Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine
Learn how to deploy practical solutions in a 3-day class.
Course DescriptionLearn how to deploy practical solutions including security and access management, resource management, and resource monitoring.
This three-day instructor-led class introduces participants to deploying and managing containerized applications on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) and the other services provided by Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as pods, containers, deployments, and services; as well as networks and application services. This course also covers deploying practical solutions including security and access management, resource management, and resource monitoring.
About this course
What You'll Learn?
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Understand how software containers work Understand the architecture of Kubernetes
- Understand the architecture of Google Cloud Platform Understand how pod networking works in Kubernetes Engine
- Create and manage Kubernetes Engine clusters using the GCP Console and gcloud/ kubectl commands Launch, roll back and expose jobs in Kubernetes Manage access control using Kubernetes RBAC and Google Cloud IAM
- Managing pod security policies and network policies Using Secrets and ConfigMaps to isolate security credentials and configuration artifacts
- Understand GCP choices for managed storage services
- Monitor applications running in Kubernetes Engine
Who Needs to Attend?
To get the most out of this course, participants should have: Completed Google
Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure or have equivalent experience Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments